Monday, January 10, 2011

I see your stinkbugs and raise you...

So, in my renewed effort to be more hard-working, diligent and compulsive about keeping the house up, I've been shining my sink. I got as far as the pile of stuff in the corner of the kitchen counter, moved the pile of hot pads and disturbed -- OMIGOD-OMIGOD-OMIGOD -- a huge roach!! It must have been an inch and a half long! I pulled out my most toxic chemical, sneaked up on the bastard and sprayed it. My best toxin only slowed it down. I had to smack it with a newspaper. EW! EW! EEEEEEEW! It took me a full hour to stop shuddering in disgust. Some people call them "palmetto bugs" when they're trying to be genteel, but WE know what they are.

(I tried to insert a picture of one, but when I moused over the pictures in google images, they enlarged, and I started shuddering again. You'll just have to trust me!)

Anyway, we had a very boring trip to my sister's for the weekend. We wanted to see snow, but ended up coming home early to avoid the snow. I know -- heh? The Husband had to be home to prepare for the next semester, and we couldn't afford to be snowed in. Bummer.

There was something else really funny that occurred to me this morning in bed, but it's gone now. Like much of my brain. ;) When it occurs to me later, I'll add it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ICK. I feel your pain. I've found roaches a couple of times, and they are GROSS GROSS GROSS. Hopefully you don't find more. *shudder*

Anonymous said...

That? Is pretty icky. Definitely tops our mouse problem.