Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It lives! (for now, anyway)

Well, it seems the dishwasher was playing possum. It came back to life this afternoon. Maybe it was overheated? PMS? ADD? PTSD? Whatever it was, it's a bad omen. For the last year or so, the only setting that has worked is "light wash". Now it hiccoughs? Hmm. Maybe it's time to do some serious research and buy one before all heck breaks loose. It's only money, right?

The KitchenAid is supposed to be seriously quiet, which would be good for our open floor plan, but SuburbanCorrespondent has been betrayed by hers, and I'm wary. My only requirements are that it be very quiet and be bisque colored. And preferably under $500.

On a completely unrelated note, we got a Wii fit for Christmas, and it has pissed me off already. If you haven't seen one, the stupid thing has a pressure plate that you stand on, and it weighs you and tests your standing balance. Then, after it asks your height, it tells you -- dah-dah-DAHHHH -- your Wii Fit age. Let's just say it told me I was overweight, added seven years to my age, and made my little cartoon self more pudgy. The Boy had the nerve to kind of squint at me and say, "Yeah, that looks more like you." Maybe it's time to back away from the ice cream sandwiches. Or kill the messenger. Let's say it didn't motivate me to work out. Call me stubborn... Anyone else have this problem?

3 comments:

VictoriaKP said...

Oh! I can so relate about the Wii Fit! Some of the exercises are really good, but the idea of a little animated scale giving me a hard time because I skip a day really ticked me off. It's also really inconsistent in the Wii Fit age thing. One day I'd be all excited because it told me I was 22 and the next day it would tell me I was 65. Who designed that thing???

Sarah said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the Wii Fit and I don't get along at all. And the worst part is that it's effective for about the first five pounds or so, but after that, you're supposed to actually do something other than Wii Fit to keep losing weight. Who's got time for that?? Glad to hear the dishwasher is hanging in there for another round or two!

Anonymous said...

Never had that problem--because I only play Wii tennis and Star Wars Lego!
Playing Possum--that just cracked me up! But I will hope for you that all circuits are functioning for a while now!