Thursday, October 14, 2010

So, failure isn't really an option, is it?

Doing a little better today. No one started shouting strange things at me until late afternoon. The Boy pretty much did his work on his own. (I had him write his to-do list on the white board himself, and I think that helped.)

I've never been much of a "support group" person, so I take my sensible-yet-crazy online friends where I can get them, especially if they have non-neurotypical kids, too. And if they're looking down the barrel of perimenopause and burnout, that's icing on the cake. We're all working on it the best way we know how. Really we are. Sometimes it's enough. Sometimes, it's not. But somehow, I have to believe that as long as I'm not entirely alone, it'll all work out --someday, somehow. I mean, what is the alternative?

Failure is not an option, is it? Thanks, people, for just being out there and being crazy.

1 comment:

S. said...

(((HUGS))) I keep telling myself that one day there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Problem is, every time I think I see it, it's just the kids playing a prank on me. Here's to insanity!