Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ricochet Rabbit -- bing, bing, BING!

I always thought that as a person got older, the sheer bulk of their bodies slowed them down, and that's why adults don't dash around like preschoolers do. But maybe not. The Girl -- at five feet tall, 80 pounds -- still does it, and I'm not sure when she'll settle down, if ever.

I'm pretty sure there are meds for that, but I'm not sure whether their side-effects and/or long-term effects make it worth it. There are those who would ask if it's that important. But those people are probably the same ones who maintain that their autistic child is not "broken" and does not need to be fixed. God made their child that way, and that's the way he should stay. I'm sorry, but I want my child to be able to walk through a parking lot or across a beach with out bolting.

So, anybody want to make a guess as to how long it'll take me to get around to making that appointment?