Sunday, July 11, 2010

Me and my shadow

New policy: Every time I leave the house, I have to take The Girl with me. That child needs to be out in public practicing her "normal" behavior as much as possible. Maybe if she gets good enough at it, The Man will start taking her out. In the mean time, every time I go out, unless I'm going for a pap smear, The Girl comes with me. *sigh*

In the mean time, I'm bored. I'm bored like a teenager at a family reunion, like a man at a craft fair, like my son at church. Booooored. I can hear my mother's voice saying, "Find something to do." Yeah. After that terribly fruitful trip to the fabric store, I had to move the boxes in our redecorated office (yeah, there are still bugs to be worked out) to get to the fabric closet. Booooored.

I designed and made a wrap-around skirt. It's actually pretty cute. The fabric is a dark blue calico with a tiny vine pattern in medium-blue. I took the pattern for a long fitted skirt with a side slit and turned it into a wrap skirt with buttons. I like it. We'll see how often it gets ironed. ;)

But, now it's Sunday, and I'm boooooored. Next job? Paint the baseboards in the foyer. Bah.

No comments: