Saturday, March 5, 2016

Buddy can you spare a fridge?

Well, I'm thinking of starting a DIY blog. Hey, everybody else has one, so why shouldn't I? (Or a grammar blog, 'cause I just corrected that from "why not me?")

See, everything that gets fixed around here is fixed by yours truly. How do people afford to have someone else fix everything? The screen on the sliding glass door finally expires -- so I buy seven feet of screen and re-spline it. (Lucy! You got some splinin' to do!) The toilet clogs, overflows, and fills the bathroom with two inches of water? I remove the toilet, replace all the parts, buy a new wax seal, and re-install it. The valves on the sprinkler system fail? Just dig that crap up and replace it. The list goes on and on.

But now it's the refrigerator. So far, I've replaced shelves, ice maker parts, brackets, and, yes, the entire freezer door. But now. Now it has stopped making coldness. The lights are on, but no body's getting any colder. Crap.

The problem is, I work for Starbucks gift cards. I'm pretty sure the Sears repairman doesn't. Worse, I'm really afraid that it's not going to make it. I can't afford a new one.

Wish us luck.

No comments: