Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bodies...

Well, our trip starts day after tomorrow. I've passed the fluttery-nervous stage and have moved on to bone-crushing panic! HELP! There's too many things that can go wrong, and The Boy has some kind of virus thing. He insists that it's Ebola and he's not going on the trip, and it's stressing me out! And I'm SURE there isn't room in the car for everything!! What if I lose the name of the hotel we're staying at on the way up? Or forget the DVD player for the back seat?!

I did manage to get the utilities set up at the Lake House, and my sister-in-law swears it's all ready for the renter coming tomorrow. I still have to get trash pickup arranged, but I don't have to change over my homeowner's insurance now because my August renter (yes, she had reserved all four weeks) has cancelled. My current insurance won't let me rent for more than six weeks a year, so no problem now! Of course, I can't afford to pay the insurance, but that's another story...

I've got all the stuff that I need to get the car packed, but haven't actually packed anything yet. I've tested out the position of the bins and cages, etc., and it all fits, but I'm sure we're going to have too many clothes. The car's been fixed and set up for the trip. I've even got fresh batteries in the irrigation system. I've got all the mail forwarded in the right direction, but I haven't dealt with the newspaper or lawn. I need to finish a quilt and clean the house. The problem is that I just can't move.

At least the lawyers up north have finished my LLC. By tomorrow, the checks I deposited in my LLC's bank account will have cleared and I'll be able to pay the lawyers.

So, tonight I have a university awards dinner for The Husband, and then the final push begins. I think I'm going to die. The Boy and I can just be buried in a duffel bag in the back yard. K?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Burial plans are definitely the order of the day. Even my son just informed me how he wants to be buried. I'm pretty sure we will happily carry out your wishes if that is the end result, but I'd like to think you'll get to enjoy your trip. Have fun (if you can)!

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage. It sounds like you've thought of every detail, so I hope by tomorrow you're en route and relaxed.