Thursday, April 25, 2013

Is it time to panic yet?

Just realized we're going Up North to our camp for our early summer vacation in less than three weeks! NOT ENOUGH TIME!!

We'll be staying six weeks and then renting it out for the rest of the summer. I have one renter coming for Mother's Day weekend, and then it's ours for six weeks. That means we'll be back in the south in time for the fourth of July -- and the bulk of the heat. It also means we'll have some income to help pay for the house. And it also means I have double the worries of our normal Invasion-of-Normandy-style travel plans.

I'm half-way through setting up electricity, cable, wi-fi, mail, trash pickup, and a well-water test for the house Up North. I've already figured out how to pack all the house stuff, clothes, and cats for the trip. I've bought the roof rack, cat crate, and plastic bins. I need to finish sewing a quilt, clean the house, fix the car, shop for kids' clothes, and pack the clothes. And a bunch of stuff I'm sure I haven't remembered yet, like setting up the lawn service for Florida, forwarding the mail, picking up extra prescriptions, putting fresh batteries in the irrigation systems, stopping the newspaper, etc.

Oh, and have I mentioned that my lawyers Up North still haven't finished my LLC paperwork, so I can't cash any of the deposit checks for the renters? And I have one coming in two weeks?

When we get there, I have to change our homeowner's insurance, paint the house, insulate the attic, fix the deck, install new windows. My sister-in-law is trying to find us a contractor for those last two, so I'm waiting a few days before I ask her to find someone to put in the dock for the renters who are coming before we get there.

Is it time to panic yet?






2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. I'm exhausted just reading that list, and I know that doesn't include all the 'normal' stuff that you have to do. Whew! I hope the paperwork comes through quickly... I can't imagine it would take long. In Oklahoma you can just file an LLC yourself online and be done with it. Wouldn't that be nice in your case!

Anonymous said...

Your to-do list boggles the mind. GOOD LUCK. I hope you get it done well enough that you can ENJOY the Up North!