Tuesday, June 7, 2011

...and the living is easy.

Yup. Still alive. Lacking drama, but still alive.

We survived vacation, but The Girl is still stimming like a crazed, rabid badger. The Boy enjoyed it immensely. Lots of Wii with the cousins. We did some laundry at my sisters on the way home, and arrived here with clean clothes. Ahh, the luxury...

The home owner's association met with me this week to assess the disaster that is my yard. Turns out that my evil neighbor (the one that tried to trap my cat) turned me in to the HOA. Yeah, real classy. Anyway, we're on track to remediate the wreckage, so they're cool with it. Looks like I'm going to have to buy another pallet of sod, but that's another sad, sad tale.

The Boy went bowling with a buddy last weekend, and he's still buzzing. I was naturally skeptical, but if anyone could handle whatever The Boy dishes out, it was this mom. It all went well, with the exception of a radio-station-related coup attempt in the car. She straightened his butt out. No prob. I've always hears of heartstrings, and I swear I could feel them strain and stretch as I drove away. *sigh* I know that's the goal, but it's still hard for me.

We're still schooling but only halfheartedly. Okay, The Girl is going gangbusters, but The Boy is running out of work pretty quickly. It's a good thing. If only I could keep him awake during the day and asleep at night. I swear that kid has been bitten by zombies. And I'm turning into the walking dead.

Nothing else is new. I'm still keeping the house pretty well. Okay, at least I'm catching up by the end of the week, but that counts, right? I think I'm supposed to be cleaning the fridge today, but apparently, it's not getting done until... later, okay?!

And it's summer. In Florida. Yuck. The Husband is trying to enforce "beach night" on Thursdays, and I just can't get into it yet. It's hot, salty, jellyfishy, and dirty. It's why God created swimming pools. That said, there can't be anywhere lovelier than the beach in the evening. Oh well.

So, that's why I haven't posted. It's summertime, and the living is easy.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooooo I like it when other parents are capable of stepping in for a few minutes. That definitely helps that living easy bit!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are Mostly Good! I'm so glad! How lovely for your son to have a good play date experience!
Yeah, beaches can be charming...or totally ick. I hear you.

Amy said...

I know all about the heartstrings. My little Aspie has a tagalong - me - for nearly every activity, since her meltdowns are not for the uninitiated. I'm getting ready for her first drop off this week and am already feeling pangs. I know it's beyond time (she's 9) and a big step forward for her but I am fighting tears just thinking about it. :(

Mom on the Verge said...

I feel you pain, Amy. Hang tough.

Unknown said...

We have pool night on Thursday nights. I'm sitting in the screen porch watching the kids and about 5 of their friends try to splash all of the water out of the pool... Good Times!

But I will be sure to let you know when the living gets easy... it must be a Florida thing.