Monday, June 27, 2011

In case you're curious,

if you (or your freakin' father) upgrades your Internet Explorer to version 9, you will not be able to post using blogspot. You will need to remove the upgrade. From ask.com:


Open up your Control Panel from the start menu and click on "Uninstall A Program", in the bottom left corner. On the left side of the window, click on "View Installed Updates". When it gets done loading, simply click on "Windows Internet Explorer 9"(or something like that that's obviously IE 9), and click "Uninstall". Once it's gone, remember to restart(there will be a prompt saying this also). When your computer restarts, open up Internet Explorer, and voila! It'll be back to IE 8, and all your favorites and such should be there. I'd go through and check various setting you might have set just in case, but everything should be the same.


Because you (or your father) were so proud of upgrading everything to make it so much better. 'Cause we all know that newer is better. ;)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My husband gets SO irritated at me because I'm always about two versions behind on everything. He always asks me to "just hand me the computer and I'll update everything." HA! Now I'm gonna show him this and prove my point. Glad you're back up and running!

SandyAnnDee said...

K12.com keeps reminding me that I should not upgrade IE or Firefox, but if someone else in this house decides to do so, it's good to know that I'll be able to get things back to the way they should be.

Ruralmama said...

I gave up on IE years ago and have used Firefox ever since. It just seems less buggier, but I'm not super technologically savvy either. Good job getting things back to normal!

Hey, my verification word is "balamace"--is that like an extremely well-balanced mace? I could use one of those!