Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A new day...

I knocked off school around 11:00 yesterday for the inauguration of Barak Obama, and now it feels like a New Day of personal responsibility, civic responsibility, global responsibility. I've decided to take this to heart and declare a new household age of responsibility -- for my kids.

It is now The Boy's responsibility to get his butt to school in the diningroom, do his work, and get it done. He made his own lunch (mostly) and then *gasp* cleaned up after himself! Same with The Girl. Honestly, I couldn't take much more of the laziness and the "I'm ordering lunch at Hardee's" attitude anymore anyway. So, in effect, it's Independence Day as well. Whee!!

Now, if someone could explain how an intelligent and bold woman like Michelle Obama chose both the gorgeous, glowing inauguration dress and the cheesecloth-and-tissue-wad ballgown on the same day, please let me know. I guess I was hoping for something more glossy for the inauguration balls.

Still, I'm pumped and ready for a new day!

No comments: