Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So, who's ready for The Big Day? Not me.

Well, we have most of the presents bought, and I did (mostly) make the scented heating pads. I went with orange oil, cloves, white rice, unbleached muslin, and flannel. Now that I don't consider white rice to be Real Food, it wasn't a real sacrifice. I have a present for my mom and dad. I really should get that package off to the in-laws and my neice. Maybe tomorrow... ;)

I'm also ahead on spending every last dime we have or are ever going to get. I changed credit cards in November, so the bill is due two weeks early. Eech. What a disaster. To top it all off, I put some of the presents on PayPal, which emptied out the checking account.

Fortunately, it's The Husband's fault. I can blame the overspending on him. He played the "they won't be young for much longer" card, and since he's the Frugal One, I let him. We'll sort this all out soon. I hope.

The Husband and I are going to take inventory tonight, and see where we are. Mostly, we just have Christmas and birthday presents for the kids. Yay. I'd feel even more self-absorbed if I haven't been buying for strangers as well. Now, I'm starting to think that even though we live comfortably, we really can't afford to help out the poor. It bums me out. I just feel that if we don't, no one else will. Oh well. If I keep this up, I'm going to have to do after-school babysitting to make a few extra bucks. Fortunately, I would rather live on beans and rice than take on any more kids.

The rest of our (totally unnecessary) Christmas preparations don't really require any money. I have cookies in the freezer. I already have pecans for the pie and spiced nuts. The chocolate is bought and unopened. Presents are all tucked away in The Husband's car trunk. (Shhhh!) I have to make a gift basket for my mom's soaps and teas. I also have to powerwash her and my dad's patios for the rest of their presents.

So, I have to get the out-of-town stuff to the post office TOMORROW. Yikes! Better get my butt off the internet, and get BUSY!!!

No comments: