Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to "work" (lol!)

Yeah, well at least I'm quitting work. SOON. My attitude is much better today. This morning before "work", I got to finish my new book case, fix the mini-trampoline cover, and get the hamburger into the freezer before it rots. (How it is possible for hamburger to rot in the fridge THAT fast?!) And I left the dishwasher full of dirty dishes for The Husband! I'm such a spitwad! ;)

Oh, and The Boy and I had a long talk about doing what he's told. Here's the premise. We stop at red lights because 1) it's the law and 2) it keeps us from getting hurt. We don't put tacks in our mouth because 1) Mom said so which makes it a rule and 2) it keeps us from getting hurt. There are always two reasons; the first is that it's the rule/law, and the second is either it keeps us safe, it doesn't belong to us, or it makes a mess. Sheesh! Don't chew on the nail file because Mom said so and it's not yours! Don't play with shredded cheese because Mom said so and it makes a mess! Don't hit that thing with a hammer because Mom said so, because you could hurt yourself, because it's not yours, and because it'll make a mess!!!! Go find something to play with!

The Boy had a terrible day at Multi-Media Mania Computer Camp yesterday, which is actually good. (Hear me out!) It was the usual over-tired plus overloaded, and he cried until they called The Husband to come get him. I told The Boy I felt his pain, and gee, wouldn't it be great to never go to school again? ;) "Remember how I said some families stay at home for school, and we're going to be one of them? You won't ever have to do that again until you're ready." I think he's buying it!

The down side was that I had to pick up his buddy at camp and keep him until 5:15 when his dad picked him up. By 6:00, his dad hadn't even called. We had just decided to go ahead and feed him dinner, when the dad called and said he's be another 20 minutes. No apology, no groveling, just "thanks for dinner". Heh? His wife had just left town with their other child for a tennis tournament in Nashville, but the dad is usually pretty good at being on time and being cool about this. Maybe I missed the part where if you say you're going to pick up your kid before dinner, you DO IT. Good thing we had enough. Weird...

No comments: