Wednesday, July 23, 2008

After the Vacation...

Well, we got home okay. After two weeks of eating fast food, we gained 5 pounds and finally caught a cold. Actually, I blame the train trip for the cold, and it's more of a nasty sinus-headache thing. But still. We've almost recovered.

The heat here is oppressive. There are a few other words that could describe it, but that's the only one that'll pass the obscenity filter. It's so hot and we've all had such headaches, that I haven't even been out to check on the weeds yet. The neighbor did come over yesterday and ask that we cut back the plants that are surely just about to push down her vinyl (hurricane-proof) privacy fence. As if.

I did manage to drag my butt out to buy some 5-cent markers and other practically free school supplies. Then I dropped by my dads for an hour. I went up to Penny's and picked up some Dockers and running shoes -- both half-price. I actually bought The Husband a (half-price) polo shirt off a mannequin -- it was the only size small in the building -- and then made them special-order another cheap pair of Dockers. All in all, a pretty productive afternoon. I ALMOST felt sorry for the sales clerk, but not quite! ;)

Work is still boring, stressful, and futile. And yet, they still pay me to be here, so I should do some work.

No comments: