Thursday, June 5, 2008

the end of an era?

Well, tomorrow is the last day of public school -- potentially the last day of public school for a long time.

Today is the "Awards Ceremony" at the school, when children are given awards for "Excellence in Spelling", and "Principal's Award for Good Citizenship". On the other hand, everyone gets at least two awards, and last year a child actually received an award for "Exemplary Playground Activity". Seriously -- once we're all above average, there will be no one left to be breathtaking.

The Husband just approved the purchase of chairs with 16" seat height. Then he told me he may or may not be able to pick up extra work next summer. So I told him, fine, I may or may not be able to pick up work of my own next summer. Hah! I am woman, hear my MS degree roar!

Started reading about trebouchets last night. Turns out they used to hurl all kinds of nasty stuff with those medieval catapults -- and the Romans before them were worse! Diseased horses, body parts of prisoners of war, burning resin. I tell ya, The Boy is going to love this!

No comments: