Sunday, June 8, 2008

children and livestock

Quick dip on the rollercoaster yesterday when I remembered I have to actually work for pay tomorrow. Bummer. I can't wait to quit my job.

I bought two 16" chairs and two adjustable tables, along with a few workbooks. Last week, I set up a chart so we could plot the high/low temperatures, but I just saw the forecast -- same high and same low for the next four days. Oh yeah. It does this all summer... Might as well take that down until Fall. ;)

I had been bemoaning the lack of livestock (and nature in general) at our house here in suburban heck, and my mother has found the solution. Apparently, in one of the local 55-and-over communities, there has been a "no cats or dogs" rule for some time; however now, some nice lawyer found a loophole. If you are found to be disabled by depression, you fall under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and if you doctor prescribes a pet for you to help with your depression, the residents association is required by law to let you have one. My kids are both under the autism umbrella, so that makes them disabled. Disabled kids = therapy hens! We almost peed ourselves laughing!

http://www.omlet.us/homepage/homepage.php

Yes folks, it's thaaaat simple!

No comments: