Monday, February 13, 2012

So sorry...

I'd like to personally apologize to my sisters Up North. On Saturday, I foolishly pulled up my annuals to encourage them to self-seed -- thinking that winter was pretty much done down here. Now it's below freezing and any exposed tiny little seedlings are pretty much toast. But that pales in comparison to the deep freeze I've inflicted on you. Please accept my apology.

For my penance I must use really cold tap water for the next three days. See, our water pipes are about 18 inches below ground, and I've often been tempted to paint "T" for "tepid" on the cold water taps. Much to my shock, I washed my hands this morning in really cold water. Flash back to Connecticut.

Again, SO sorry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a bummer about those seedlings. At this point in winter, 20 degrees either way doesn't mean much to me.