Monday, March 12, 2012

Poleaxed...

They've breached our defenses. We have been vanquished. Yes, we have succumbed to The Contagion - our first of the winter. It's a nasty, sinusy sort of affair, accompanied by a low-grade fever that, combined with the sinus headache, leaves a person feeling like they've been poleaxed. I think it was this poleax here:



And where, you may ask, were we exposed to such a savage influence? The only unusual place we've been is the dentist. It takes having the germs pushed into our mouths to get sick. Yay us!!

In the mean time, I went out and got my new trees Saturday! Pretty soon, it'll look like we actually care what our property looks like -- but only in the front yard. ;) And... AND I think I've got The Boy convinced that he can operate the new lawn mower. Mwaaa-haa-haaa!!!

Now I just have to wait for him to regain his senses from this nasty virus.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You know, I've always wondered what a poleax was. Yikes!!

Anonymous said...

You held them off this long? It's mid-March! Way to stave off the siege for most of winter.

DogsOnDrugs.com said...

Is that David Spade's Scottish cousin?